This safe and flexible option is one of the easiest ways to give to First Church in Oberlin! This method allows you to give a one-time contribution, make special offerings or order flowers for the altar online conveniently from home using your checking or savings account, debit or credit card, or you can set up a recurring draft that will withdraw your contribution from your checking account automatically, weekly or monthly. You can specify the dollar amount and the time period you desire. This is the automated giving program of the United Church of Christ designed to make it easy for givers to give. Once you set it up, it automatically deducts your gifts from your checking, savings, debit or credit card account on one or more dates each month.
To participate either:
- give online by clicking the Donation link at right.
- or fill out our electronic transfer authorization form (pdf) and return it to Cate Schwaegerlie, Financial Secretary, 106 N Main St, Oberlin, Oh 44074. Download the form here.
The operating fund supports the programs and benevolences of the church, pays staff salaries and maintains our building. Thank you for your faithful stewardship.
- One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS) as part of Our Church's Wider Mission (OCWM) , is the special mission offering of the United Church of Christ that carries God's message of love and hope to people in more than eighty countries. - March
- Strengthen the Church - Funds new church starts and invigorates existing congregations, nurtures lay and pastoral leadership, builds youth and young adult ministries, and supports the God is Stillspeaking Ministry and its extravagant welcome for all within the United Church of Christ. - May
- Neighbors in Need is a special mission offering of the UCC that supports ministries of justice and compassion throughout the United States. One-third of NIN funds support the Council for American Indian Ministry (CAIM). Two-thirds of the offering is used by the UCC's Justice and Witness Ministries (JWM) to support a variety of justice initiatives, advocacy efforts, and direct service projects.- October
- Christmas Fund provides supplemental monies for pension and health insurance premiums to low-income retirees. At Christmas, the offering provides gift checks to hundreds of annuitants, but it also provides emergency assistance to clergy and lay employees and their families throughout the year. - December
- From time to time as disaster strikes we will set up a fund for donations.
Donating money toward the purchase of flowers for the altar is a perfect way to honor the memory of a loved one. A suggested donation of $30 is requested. You can specify the Sunday you wish the arrangement will be placed on the altar.
Larger memorial gifts are of course welcomed!
If you have any questions concerning ways to give, please contact Martin Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org