Welcoming new people is one of our greatest joys at First Church United Church of Christ. You’ll find that we really mean it when we say that everyone is welcome at First Church. Our congregation is home to people of all ages who are single, partnered, married and divorced. Some of us are LGBT and others are straight. Some of us work with our hands and others in offices, and some of us are out of work. Regardless of your religious background, or your beliefs, First Church will do its best to speak to you, comfort you, challenge you and provide you with a spiritual home.
Visiting a new church for the first time can be intimidating, so the following information may be helpful:
- Ample parking is available. See where to park and enter the church? MAP
- How do people dress? You will see jeans and suits – all are welcome.
- What is First Church’s history? See the History page.
- Our children are the church of today and tomorrow. See the pages for "Christian Education for Children and Youth" and the Christian Education calendar.
- When are services and office hours? See the Contact page.
- What to expect when you visit:
At First Church, you will be greeted warmly when you come in the door. Our members wear nametags on Sunday mornings, so you can feel comfortable asking questions of anyone you meet. We will provide you with a nametag as well.
- What are the services like?
Our Sunday and weekday services are designed to help you begin or continue your spiritual journey. Our educational offerings aspire to give you a deeper understanding of the Christian tradition, and the ways that God is at work in our world and in your life.
- You can find companionship in our fellowship groups, and opportunities to serve the congregation and the community as a participant in one of the many community groups
that meet at First Church or are supported by its members.